Results in "Community"

Hack Your Goals: Read These 9 (Short) Books

Goals should inspire outcomes, not impede progress. They keep us focused, improve our output and inspire us to be better people. And, you can hack goals.

Read More >

5 Ingredients for People Development

People are the economy. Focus on people development, not economic development. The outcomes will follow.

Read More >

Today Is Your Birthday (and Mine too!)

Birthdays are a day we have permission to ask for what we want. Yesterday was mine. I’m 34 and celebrate with my wife and daughters. I also celebrated by writing. As I reflect on years gone...

Read More >

Thank Genghis for Your iPhone: Cultural Carriers and Your Business

Reach outside of your industry and culture. The fusion of ideas will help you write the rules and build your empire.

Read More >

[Ebook] 22-Step Blueprint to Winning a Local Election (or Marketing Campaign)

One year ago, I took the leap and ran for city council in my hometown of Brookings, South Dakota. I learned through trial and error what worked and what didn’t. In the end, I ran...

Read More >

21 Ways to Optimize Your Life in Seconds

You need top-end optimization. In life and business, focus on small improvements to the actions taken every day. Incremental improvement is magnified through repetition.

Read More >

Will Your Idea Work? Two Questions to Uncover the Truth

It’s easy to ask a question and harder to ask for money. We should do both to truly test our ideas.

Read More >

One Business Lesson from Bowie and Picasso

Great artists are not bound by a single style or media. Instead, their life’s work is grouped into periods, like Picasso’s Blue Period or Bowie’s “Berlin Era.” The work we do is art. Like great artists, we,...

Read More >

7 Steps for a Professional Online Presence (Worksheets Included)

It’s not enough to show up online. A business needs to be professional online. Here’s how (in seven easy steps). (If you want to skip the post, you can download the worksheet here.)

Read More >

The Year of Professionalism – Choose Your Word

2016 is the year of professionalism. Every year, I choose one word that is the summation of all of my goals. Even if I forget my specific goals, this one word keeps me on track. Here’s...

Read More >